BICESTER HOTEL, GOLF AND SPA LATEST NEWS
The most recent news and stories from Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa.
Select an article from the list below to read more.
- Leading professional skincare brand Germaine de Capuccini is expanding it’s offering at the Bicester Hotel Golf and Spa. The Forest of Wellbeing will now feature Germaine de Capuccini exclusively, with a new range of therapies and retail products available.
Germaine de Capuccini’s premium products and treatments are found in the most exclusive salons and spas around the world, and are offered by the most highly trained beauty therapists in the industry today. They offer a stunning range of therapeutic and rejuvenating face and body treatments, including their signature therapies (1).
At Germaine de Capuccini only the best will do. For that reason it has dedicated itself to constantly improving it’s workplace conditions and Carbon emission output. It also takes its social responsibilities seriously and plays an active role, not just in Spain, but throughout the world. They were the first company in the professional skincare sector to become CO2ZERO certified; an accreditation for companies committed to compensating for and reducing their CO2 emissions. They are committed to the environment, and are strictly against animal testing.
The Forest of Wellbeing Spa at the Bicester Hotel
Situated in the glorious Oxfordshire countryside near to Bicester Village Outlets, The Bicester Hotel Spa offers a luxury spa area, including a 20 metre swimming pool, hydrospa, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and feature showers. The 8 luxurious treatment rooms provide the perfect location for our range of relaxing spa treatments for the ultimate in spa pamper experiences. The private spa garden comes complete with an 8-seater hot tub, providing the perfect ambiance to soothe and rejuvenate your senses. Available for both spa days and longer spa breaks, there is something for everyone at The Forest of Wellbeing.
About Germaine de Capuccini
Germaine de Capuccini are a leading skincare company who have been transforming the face of skincare for the last 50 years. It was founded in 1964 by Carmen Vidal, a vocational therapist who continues to be recognized as one of the great and most successful female pioneers of the professional skincare industry. Today, the company remains committed to research, development and innovation, creating some of the worlds most advanced skincare formulations. Their treatments not only offer their customers a sensationally indulgent experience to enter them into relaxation, but also deliver highly effective visual results. No matter what your skin and body concerns are, Germaine de Capuccini can offer a solution.
1) Imperial Awakening (£100, 2hrs)
Our prized signature therapy designed to target your specific ageing concerns. During your VIP Foot Ritual, your therapist will discuss any skin concerns to establish the perfect treatment. Your facial therapy then commences with our Intense Glycolic Facial Peel, to deeply renew the skin, followed by one of our Advanced Anti-Ageing Facials, selected to suit your skin type. Finally experience our stunning Kobido Massage originating from Japan. Once reserved for Royalty, it brings life, vitality and an extraordinary lifted appearance to the skin.
Eastern Journey (£100, 2hrs)
Journey through the East with our indulgent ritual, which commences with Baobab Seed Body Exfoliation to gently buff and polish the body. Continue to relax, breathe deeply and enjoy a Saffron Body Massage rich in anti-oxidants and Vitamin E. A silk foulard is used to gently stretch your neck and shoulders before you finally slumber through our Silk Body Envelopment – a body wrap that feels like a second skin and leaves your skin exquisitely smooth and soft. Includes a silk hair and scalp treatment. Total and utter bliss!
Woodland Rays (£90, 1hr 45mins)
Sunset in the Mediterranean, the intense orange colours of the sky, the captivating aromas and the whisper of the breeze caressing the skin. This treatment captures all of your senses. Commencing with the Vitamin C Body Exfoliation, followed by the Mediterranean Light Candle Back Massage and then finally continue to relax with our Vitamin C Facial Therapy providing a full top to toe experience.
Surrender to the Forest (£85, 1hr 45mins)
A brief consultation to discuss your lifestyle and needs. From learning more, we are able to choose the correct balancing blend and ideal treatment to heal and address individual needs. Your surrender experience commences with a massage to the back, neck, shoulders and legs using a customised blend of aromatherapy oils to match the needs of your body. Warm towels are then applied from head to toe to intensely rejuvenate and heal the mind-body balance. Following this a Spa Facial Treatment specifically designed exclusively for you, recollects your harmony.
- Local law firm Brethertons LLP took part in a charity golf day in aid of Oxford Kidney Unit Trust Fund here at Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa on our testing par 71, 18 hole golf course.
- As we roll into summer and the tennis season we have just purchased eight new racquets and balls for guests wishing to make use of our four, fully floodlit, tennis courts which can be booked at the Health Club reception. The new racquets and balls are available to hire for a fee of £3 per person. A deposit (or swipe of credit card) is required which will be refunded when the racquets are returned.
- It's not all play at Bicester Golf Club, The 2013 season saw funds raised for charity of nearly £13,000.
With the 2013 golf season drawing to a close it was time to celebrate a great year at Bicester Golf Club and recognise the achievements of our captains. Arun Shyam, Gerry Richardson and Bernard Smith, all inspirational leaders of the club not only through day to day competitions but through their charity work. Many events were held (Gerry’s amazing sky dive to name just one – where she raised over £3000) and collectively over £12,000 was raised for Bardwell School – an outstanding figure of which we are all very proud. On the night of the captain’s farewell Dinner the cheque was presented to representatives from Bardwell School. The school does amazing work with young children and their aims are as follows;
4 key educational aims for pupils during their time at Bardwell:
1. to learn at their optimum rate and reach their full potential
2. to be able to communicate effectively
3. to maximise their independence
4. to develop self-esteem and confidenceHaving to bid a fond farewell to our 2013 Captains there was no time to rest as our 2014 Captains stepped up to the challenge of commencing their year. With a strong act to follow they have their work cut out but we are all very confident and proud to welcome them to the fore front. Michael Jakeman, Carly Bosher and Robert Ansell were welcomed as Captains in the Drive Ins at the beginning of March. In Carly and Michael’s day 20 teams took part and £925.00 has been raised already for their amazing cause. Oxford Kidney Unit Trust Fund is their chosen charity a cause very close to their hearts so with a club like Bicester all will be done to raise as much money as possible. Our Seniors Captain Robert Ansell commenced his year on 11th March where 45 golfers played and helped him welcome in the 2014 season.
- As a result of our Lava Shells promotion in aid of the Philippines Typhoon Appeal, we are donating 10% of the takings which is £144.10 to the Disaster Emergency Committee.
We know this is just a drop in the ocean but we also know that every little counts.
Our chosen charity of 2013 was St Helen and Douglas House our charity for 2014 has yet to be decided.
- We are pleased to launch our Kempton, Warwick and Newbury meetings rooms to our portfolio giving us a total of eight meeting rooms.
Our largest function room "The Orangery" will have dividers adding the Kempton, Warwick and Newbury rooms. The size of these rooms are in demand and this will enable us to be more flexible on our rates and cater for our client's needs.
- The Health Club has recently installed new foot spas as an addition to the range of wet facilities for members and hotel guests. We think they're going to be a great success.
- The Forest of Wellbeing Spa have introduced CULT51 to their range of products available to buy.
Cult51 is a revolutionary 3D, luxury night cream that goes beyond anti-ageing. Its potent power works with your skin's own natural processes of renewal to restore and reveal its most youthful and luminous beauty. Put a stop to different day, night, eye, contour and serums in favour for a more powerful and innovative cream with over 51 anti-ageing advantages in one.
Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by up to 52% in 28 days.
Increases the skin's Oxygen up take of the skin by up to 45%
Proven to diminish the appearance of age spots by up to 25%CULT51 retails at £125
Read the 51 claims of CULT51
- The Forest of Wellbeing Spa at Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa has introduced the international anti-ageing spa specialists, Germaine de Capuccini. Renowned for its research and development, the products and treatments all feature unique ingredients that are results-driven and produce fabulous results for skin tone, texture and specifically for fine lines and wrinkles.
Found in some of the best spas around the world, Germaine de Capuccini brings its treatments to Forest of Wellbeing Spa. For tired, dull and lifeless skin, Timexpert C+ is the prescription. It utilises the power of Vitamin C to combat dull, dehydrated skin, intensely repairing skin's luminosity, vitality, tone and texture. A potent anti-oxidant Timexpert C+ is supremely hydrating and regenerating, helping to restore radiance and balance to the skin’s equilibrium. To tackle the first signs of ageing the Excel Therapy 02 line helps to oxygenate and hydrate the skin. It’s one of Germaine De Capuccini’s top selling lines and helps to strengthen the skins defenses preventing the process of premature ageing.
For the ultimate in anti-ageing, Forest of Wellbeing has also introduced Timexpert Rides. This tackles fine lines and wrinkles and helps to 'fill-out' expression lines. An advanced anti-ageing treatment it utilises the scientific ingredients ‘Pro-Collagestine Fill’ which works to fill in and plump out lines and wrinkles from underneath. The treatment also includes Micro-Dermoxineand Soy Proteins, working to minimise the length and depth of lines and wrinkles. Forming the basis of a luxury homecare range, Timexpert Rides should be your treatment of choice for fines lines and wrinkles.
Bicester Hotel Golf and Spa are launching this exciting new product range in September this year, further details on the launch date will be announced shortly. In the meantime if you want to know more call the Forest of Wellbeing Spa directly or ask to go on their mailing list for special offers and promotions.
- At Bicester Hotel Golf and Spa we are once again proud to announce that we have been awarded a Certificate of Excellence Award 2013 from Trip Advisor.
- Major changes to Bicester town centre transport network will happen at 6.00am on 31st March 2013 with the main alterations involving changing St John’s Street/North Street from one-way to two-way roads, preventing access to Roman Way/North Street from Banbury Rd/Buckingham Rd roundabout and turning ban amendments to/from Bucknell Rd. Further information can be found at: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/bicesteraccess or download the Oxford County Council leaflet - Bicester Town Centre Access Improvements
How are you celebrating the International Day of Happiness?
The United Nations (UN) has declared March 20th as an International Day of Happiness. The UN’s aim is to focus our attention on the fact that economic growth and the measurement of prosperity must go beyond material wealth and should include the well-being and happiness of people.
To celebrate this day, 10 Consulting and Vision Coaching have joined together to offer a unique opportunity to local businesses to win a day of well-being (for a team of 8 people). This amazing offer is in partnership with the Bicester Hotel Golf and Spa and will encompass a mix of well-being training and luxurious leisure activities.
Why is well-being in the workplace so important?
Recent research undertaken by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)*, found that happier, more positive people tend to perform to higher levels. It also identified the importance of managing stress to ensure the right balance of just enough to push performance, but not too much where confidence and performance are adversely affected. If that doesn’t convince you then what about the fact that the state spends £13bn per year on health-related benefits, with employers facing an annual bill of around £9bn for sick pay and associated costs.**
With these facts in mind, 10CV have designed a suite of workshops specifically intended to help businesses promote well-being and high performance in the workplace. Here’s what previous participants of these workshops have reported:
90% said they were feeling more positive, felt happier and more in control of their work performance.
80% said they were managing their stress and energy levels better and consequently had a better work/life balance.
When asked to be part of this day, here’s what our hotel partner said: "As an environment devoted equally to business, learning, health and well-being, we are delighted to be associated with 10CV and the International Day of Happiness."
Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa is a venue where you really can mix business with pleasure. The tree-lined approach, ample parking and easy access bring an instant sense of well-being, while our friendly staff and home-cooked food enhance the experience. All our meeting rooms are spacious, air conditioned and flooded with daylight, while the main rooms command views over the golf course and lakes.
With the morning workshop and lunch over, the winning team can adjourn to the hotel’s spa to swim; relax in the hydrotherapy pool, steam room, jacuzzi or sauna; or sample the treatments on offer. The fully equipped gym and scheduled fitness classes are a great way to combine fitness with relaxation, as is the 18-hole golf course.
"Wellbeing for high performance in the workplace is an ethos which is common both to 10CV and the Bicester Hotel," said Carol Barford, Sales and Marketing Manager. "This synergy is based on the shared belief that a balanced approach to work is essential for happiness and success. We support this through our environment and facilities, while 10CV helps people achieve work/life integration through their suite of well-being workshops. We are happy to work with 10CV, as our services closely complement each other."
To win this fabulous experience, worth a total of £1,995 for a team of 8 people, your company will need to:
1. State why Wellbeing in the Workplace is important and how winning this prize will help raise your business’ performance (max 500 words).
2. Explain why your team would enjoy the day’s experience at Bicester Hotel Golf and Spa (max 100 words).
3. Create a slogan promoting Well-being in the Workplace that communicates your team objectives.
4. Submit all materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 10 a.m. on April 29th 2013.
5. The winning company will be required to contribute to an article about their day’s experience.
The winning company will be informed by email on the 30th April 2013. The day of Well-being will be held at the Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa on June 21st 2013.
* Edge Magazine, Driving Leadership & Management, The Smile Factor, Jan/Feb 2013
- We're pleased to announce the winners of our Facebook competition for 2 pairs of tickets to the Glam Rock Evening on Saturday 13th October are Sharron Walton of Bicester and Andrew Adamson of Grays in Essex. Well done to you both.
- A recent article by Judith Woods from The Telegraph
Kiss me, Kate! Yes, yes, both cheeks if you want to be European about it. Mwah! Mwah! Right, now we’ve established that we’re soul mates – bessie mates – let’s link arms and hit the shops. Welcome to Bicester, sister!
When the Duchess of Cambridge announced during her tour of the Far East that she "loves" Bicester Village, I felt an instinctive kinship I don’t normally experience when I think of the House of Windsor or, indeed, log on to Party Pieces. But when it comes to chic designer outlet shopping, we are as one, which is a good thing because if we don’t stay joined at the hip, we may be swept apart by the tide of Japanese tourists.
It is a wave now destined to become a tsunami, given this endorsement from our royal style icon. By rights, Bicester’s outlet shopping village, nestling in the Oxfordshire countryside, ought to have featured in the Olympic opening ceremony by way of a snapshot of modern Britain.
As well as the 4x4-loads of Home Counties ladies, there are Arab matrons in burkas carrying Agent Provocateur bags, Chinese coach parties descending on Cath Kidston en masse via a dedicated bus from Victoria Coach Station, Italians snapping up bargains in Gucci they can’t afford at home, and above all, an air of concentrated consumption. Not, it must be said, in a Primark, rip-it-off-the-hangers-and-leave-it-on-the-floor sort of way, but beneath the veneer of civilisation we are all hunters and gatherers.
Forgive the zeal, especially as I’ve only been once. And I don’t actually like shopping very much. But Bicester Village was – is – a revelation.I visited with a friend who needed a proper frock and hooker-ish heels for an event at the Savoy. I arrived, slack-jawed with wonder at the pristine New England clapboard fixtures and fittings, agog at the olde-worlde street furniture, amazed by the ease and comfort (and speed) with which I parted with my money. Did I bag a bargain? No idea, as I have no concept of how much a designer beaded cardigan is supposed to cost, and I was too intoxicated by the experience to care.
The shop assistants were beyond helpful, fetching unbidden accessories I didn’t want but, you know, I really needed. The thoroughfares were free of cars, free of stress. The loos were high calibre.
Because oddly, despite being all about the, as Kate would put it, "contained" shopping, Bicester is more – oh, so very much more. It’s about the relaxing stroll, the egalitarian browsing, the unhurried cup of coffee on an ergonomically designed bench. And the female pair-bonding. Above all, the bonding.
Only a fool would go to Bicester with her husband or boyfriend. It will not end well. How could it? If he gets grumpy and bored in Ikea, imagine how much worse will he behave in DKNY where there aren’t even hinges to look at?
The whole point of destination shopping is that those two words strike fear in men’s hearts, conjuring up terrible (although possibly not inaccurate) Hieronymus Bosch visions of unfettered consumer frenzy. Mine was so panicked by the prospect that he offered (yes, offered) to look after the children, which was, as any mother knows, The Greatest Gift of All. Apart from a Bicester Village discount card.
But before you may enter the Xanadu of 130 boutique-style shops tarted up to look like Cape Cod, offering up to 60 per cent discounts on high-street prices, you must be invited; only a saddo would pitch up alone. In fact, I’m not sure it’s allowed. No, you must wait and watch and strain to hear the apparently casual remark: "I’m going to Bicester at the weekend, fancy coming?"
This, ladies, is the equivalent of a homemade friendship bracelet lovingly woven from embroidered threads. It’s an affirmation at cellular level that You Are the Chosen One, the one who is cool enough to be considered a fun companion, and discreet enough to be a fitting confidante for a voyage of retail discovery. Especially if the discovery is that you’re both actually a size 16.
Which is why designer outlets are no place for minors. There are things that impressionable young minds just shouldn’t be exposed to: the wild cackling, the mild hysteria, the dread sight of mummy and her BFF trying on Vivienne Westwood puffball minidresses "for a laugh".
No wonder Bicester features alongside Stratford-upon-Avon on tourist itineraries.
Vegas may be yield its tawdry secrets at the touch of a smartphone, but the changing rooms in Missoni will always remain sacrosanct, ladies. What happens in Bicester, stays in Bicester.
- This months Champagne Business Card Draw winner is Mr Steve Trigg MSc BA (Hons) from New Scotland Yard, London – Congratulations.
- Bicester Hotel Golf and Spa are proud to announce that we have maintained our Trip Advisor rating of 4 and have therefore been awarded a Certificate of Excellence Award again for 2012.
We were awarded the rating for the services and facilities provided for guests and we would like to thank everyone that has helped us achieve this rating. We value all feedback given and appreciate hearing about our guests experiences with us.
I joined the gym in October 2011 because I had promised myself that when my 3 yr old started nursery I was going to use the free time to improve my strength and fitness. I have found the benefits totally addictive! (I'm finally getting my waist back). Matt has been great, not only has he done a really fantastic job of tailoring my programmes always keeping me challenged , motivated and interested, his own enthusiasm for fitness is contagious, he is definitely in the right job. I love the professional yet relaxed and friendly atmosphere throughout the health club and find it easy to spend my time here. As for me being member of the month...
OMG I really didn't expect that!
A FEW WORDS FROM THE GYM STAFF:
When Cindy and Joe joined the club in October, it was back to basics to improve Cindy's basic fitness and strength levels, which meant 6 weeks of very simple exercise. Cindy stuck at the initial workout and was keen to progress at her first review. Cindy has approached everything with an open mind and allowed herself to be educated with regards to lifestyle, exercise frequency and intensity.
Cindy's open mindedness and determination has allowed her to enjoy her 4 days a week in the gym and has even snuck in to do some extra cardiovascular training or swimming on her rest days. Cindy even admitted to us in her most recent review; "I feel guilty if I miss a session, I really enjoy coming here".
We are now onto our fourth training programme together and her dedication has really shown as her techniques and total fitness are really excelling.
Congratulations Cindy, you are very deserving of member of the month.
Health Club Manager
January 2nd – March 26th
A competition to lose as much weight as possible in 12 weeks to help those that need it with the encouragement and support that will help them lose those pounds.
• Monthly Nutritional seminars held at the club
• One to one programme and exercise advice
• Regular weigh in slots to ensure progress
• Specialised 'Last chance training' classes
• As much encouragement as is needed
Results of the weight loss success will be displayed within the health club. There will be prizes for those most successful.
- We are delighted to announce the appointment of our new Head Chef Susan Hart. Her promotion and appointment was announced at the Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa Christmas Dinner and Awards Ceremony held at a local venue on Sunday 15th January 2012.
Susan's team also won the "Team of the Year Award" for outstanding effort throughout the year and coping with one of the busiest Christmas seasons since the hotel opened some three years ago.
Susan has been with the hotel since its opening in the role of Sous Chef, having previously worked at another Hotel in the local Oxfordshire area.
Susan has been covering the role of Head Chef now for some two months over our busiest period of the year and customers have been delighted resulting in some great feedback.
We are delighted with Susan's appointment and wish her lots of luck in her new role.
Susan is a hands on head chef who plans the menus for every day and for special occasions. For weddings she is happy to meet the bride and groom if they need to discuss any special wedding menu or dietary requirements. For conferences, golf society days and any banqueting requirements the menu selection will be designed specifically for the size and needs of the party: a hearty meal for winter golf days; tasty salads in the warmer weather.
For more information:
about our restaurants