This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa
The hotel is accessible by car or taxi and is five minutes drive from M40 Junction 9 or five minutes from Bicester North Railway Station. The car park is flat, and well light at night and there are accessible parking spaces at the front of the property.
- We are located near the town of Chesterton.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the Location section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or taxi.
- The nearest shops are 3 miles away including the Designer Outlet Bicester Village.
- There is no direct bus service. We do offer subject to availability a courtesy bus to Bicester which isn’t wheelchair accessible.
- Bicester North railway station is 4 miles away connecting with London, Birmingham, Oxford and most major railway stations.
- Taxis are usually available at Bicester North station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests’ pets but do of course welcome assistance dogs.
Car Parking and Arrival
- We have free car parking facilities with 4 accessible car parking spaces.
- The surface from the car park to the hotel is level tarmac which leads to the hotel entrance itself which is paved it has a slight incline to the front door.
- The entrance is well lit at night.
- The glass entrance doors are manual but the reception is manned at all hours for assistance.
- Guests are welcomed in the large open ground floor reception lobby, which is level throughout. There is seating in the reception lobby.
- There is a lower counter for wheel chair users should they need to sign any paperwork.
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting and a table lamp.
- Please request assistance with luggage upon arrival.
- Familiarisation tours are also available upon request.
- We have 52 bedrooms in total. 26 on the ground floor which are accessible via a covered walkway and a further 26 on the upper floor which are accessible via a lift.
- There a 4 disable rooms with emergency cords, large wet rooms with seats, support bars and lowered sinks.
- Furniture can be moved from the bedroom if needed but the bedrooms are spacious.
- There is seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps, a wardrobe, plus a chest of drawers/dressing table provided in each room.
- Flat screen Freeview digital TV with subtitles available.
- In the accessible rooms there is either a super king or twin beds.
- There are 6 super king bedrooms, 19 double, 13 super king (which can be made into twin) and 14 twin rooms.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- All bedrooms are ensuite with a bath which has a removable shower head.
- In the 4 disable rooms there are emergency cords large wet rooms with seats, support bars and lowered sinks.
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, hall, stairs, and landings are well lit using a combination of ceiling and table-lamps.
- The hotel is fully air conditioned throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- There are automatic audible smoke alarms in the main and upper halls.
- Grays restaurant, the Sports Bar, Brasserie, Spa and swimming pool are all located on the ground floor all with wide doorways and easily accessible.
- The Spa and Gym are wheel chair accessible with a lift to the first floor.
- Please note that there is no accessible access hoist in the pool area. The only way into the pool is via steps.
- There are 4 accessible unisex toilets one by the Sports Bar and another next to the upstairs function room both of which are available to guests during the day/evening.
- The other 2 are located on the ground and first floor of the gym.
- There are also standard toilets on the ground and upper floors.
- The Brasserie is situated opposite the main hotel entrance on the ground floor with a double door which has solid wood flooring.
- Grays restaurant and the Sports Bar have double door entrances and are carpeted.
- All of our dining areas have large windows allowing plenty of natural light supplemented by adjustable overhead and wall lights.
- We have a large number of outside areas including paved and grass set on our 134 acres of 18 hole Golf Course. All of which are on the ground floor.
- If you require any assistance with luggage or any other aspect of the hotel’s services, please inform us in advance.
- There is an information folder for each of the bedrooms with maps giving information on NHS facilities, local restaurants/pubs, travel, theatres and local golf facilities.
- Free Wi-Fi facilities are also available.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us before your arrival.
- Mobile phone reception at Bicester Hotel is generally good but there is a telephone in each bedroom.
- There are designated areas for walking assistance dogs, please ask at reception on arrival for further information.
- We do not provide hearing loops.
Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa
Oxfordshire OX26 1TE
Office - 9:00am to 5:30pm
Telephone: 0844 7707419
Golf Shop - 7:00am to 7:00pm
Telephone: 0844 7707419
Bar and Restaurant - 8:00am to 11:00pm
Telephone: 0844 7707419